The largest owner and operator of LPG vessels in the world, Fulcrum Shipping & Logistics owns and manages a fleet of Very Large Gas Carriers (VLGC) with a combined carrying capacity of more than 3 million CBM. It is one of the best LPG shipping companies in Mumbai.
Fulcrum Shipping & Logistics provides customers with a flexible and dependable service because to its experienced team, experienced seamen, and five decades of operating experience in the LPG shipping industry.
Gas carrier ships are specially designed ocean-going vessels that are dedicated for transporting all types of liquefied natural gases (LNG) and liquefied petroleum gases (LPG) to their destinations. These ships are inbuilt with tankers of plain surface, spherical or cylindrical shape to carry the gas. Not every Shipping & Logistics company can ship gas carriers. Fulcrum Shipping & Logistics is one such Gas tanker companies.
Capacity of a gas carrier depends on the trade for which it was constructed and ranges from 3500-150,000 m3. Fulcrum Shipping & Logistics is one such company that provides gas tanker shipping services.
Natural Gases are normally carried in liquid state. Gas carriers can be grouped into five different categories according to the cargo carried and carriage condition.
• FULLY PRESSURIZED SHIPS: These ships are the simplest of all gas carriers. They carry their cargos at ambient temperature. These ships have the capability of carrying gases up to 6000 m3. These ships carry the gas in spherical or cylindrical steel tanks built with thick steel walls designed for a minimum working temperature of -45oC. However, these tanks are uneconomical for long voyage as they increase the weight of the ship.
• SEMI PRESSURIZED SHIPS: These ships are also known as semi-refrigerated ships. They consist of semi-refrigerated plant with a high design pressure for the tanks capable of transporting up to 20000m3. These ships carry spherical or cylindrical tanks designed for a minimum working temperature of -48oC. These ships are light in weight compared to Fully pressurized ships, thus ensuring a hassle-free voyage.
• FULLY REFRIGERATED SHIPS: These ships carry their cargos at approximately atmospheric pressure and are designed to carry large quantities. These ships are very large gas carriers capable of carrying 20000-85000 m3 gas and best suited for long voyages. Tanks used in this ship are capable of bearing a minimum temperature of -50oC. Because of the tank’s prism like shape, it provides more space than above mentioned ships.
• ETHYLENE SHIPS: These ships are often built for specific trades but will also operate carrying LPGs or Chemical gases. They normally have capacities ranging from 1000 to 12000m3. Ethylene is normally carried in its fully refrigerated condition at its atmospheric boiling point of -104oC.
• LNG SHIPS: These are specialized types of gas carriers built to transport large volumes of LNG at its atmospheric boiling point of about -162oC. These ships typically have the capacity of between 120,000 m3 to 125,000m3 and are normally dedicated to a specific project.
Natural gas is among the most important alternative sources of energy to meet world’s daily energy requirements. As the consumption of liquefied natural gas is increasing dramatically throughout the world, demand for new larger gas carrier ships having the capacity of carrying up to 230,000 m3 is the most sought after. Fulcrum Shipping & Logistics is known as one of the Biggest LNG shipping companies.
Fulcrum Shipping & Logistics Group enables your business to optimize inbound logistics, create profitability from outbound logistics, saving precious time with customization of our exclusive features of inbound and outbound logistics and resources specifically suited for your business plans.